Banitsa with cheese (Bulgarian cheese pie)
The perfect banitsa with cheese should be both crispy and juicy, not too greasy, but not dry, smell of butter and make you eat more and more.
- 1 pack of filo dough
- 100 g butter
- 300 g Bulgarian cheese (or feta cheese)
- 50 ml carbonated water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Bulgarian yoghurt
- 1 sunflower oil
- Mix the eggs with the cheese and yogurt.
- Melt the butter.
- Layer two banitsa (pastry) sheets, pour them with melted butter, put some of the filling and roll it up.
- Place in an oiled round baking pan and proceed in the same way with the remaining banitsa (pastry) sheets and filling.
- Drizzle the banitsa with the remaining melted butter, sprinkle with sparkling water and bake in oven at 180 °C until golden brown.
- Serve while warm, with yogurt or kefir.
Caution: Contains eggs, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains banitsa (pastry) sheets, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains cheese which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains yogurt, which can cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains butter, which may cause allergic reactions.