Pita bread with cheese and colorful salt
The aroma of oven-baked dough creates a special feeling of “home” and home comfort. Hands that can knead bread are blessed.
It is no coincidence that all Slavic peoples still have the old tradition of welcoming guests with bread and salt. Bread and salt are universal symbols whose use has not changed for millennia. Bread is generally food, the center of the table, and well-meaning human relationships. If you have nothing else, you can at least share your bread. Salt, on the other hand, is a substance with magical properties and purifying powers that blocks evil forces. To welcome you with bread and salt and refusing them is considered a great insult.
Even if you are not very good at kneading, you will manage and you will surely pleasantly surprise your loved ones. Since soda, not yeast, is used as a leavening agent, the dough does not have to rise, but is placed directly to bake. This means that you will have a ready-baked and fragrant pita bread in less than an hour and a half. As the colored salt is added inside the dough, it flavors it whole and this makes the bread even more appetizing.
- 500 g flour
- 2 eggs яца
- 1 cup of coffee sunflower oil
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp.sugar
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 tbsp colored salt
- 200 g cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the two eggs. Add the yogurt and beat again. Pour in the sunflower oil, stir and add the salt, sugar and baking soda.
- Crush the cheese inside, add the colored salt and stir.
- Gradually add the flour and stir with a spoon until the dough ispulled together and can now be kneaded.
- Transfer it to a floured surface and knead in addition. The dough should be soft and elastic, but not sticky. If necessary, add more flour.
- Transfer the pita bread to a baking tray lined with baking Spread it over its entire surface and put the bread to bake at 180 °C until done.
Caution: Contains eggs, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains cheese, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains flour, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains yogurt, which can cause allergic reactions.