Stuffed peppers with minced meat and rice
Stuffed peppers! They are the eternal classic on the Bulgarian table. With cheese and eggs, with minced meat, minced meat, lean or some other option – everyone has a favorite taste.
In summer you can prepare this dish with fresh peppers and bake them with foil, and in winter – with frozen blanched. Then you will not need the foil. When you make the filling, boil the rice until semi-cooked. If you leave it raw, the peppers will cook and it will remain firm. They, as you know, do not need much time. Optionally, you can add to the list of spices and a teaspoon of paprika. In addition to giving a pleasant sweet taste, it makes the dish more colorful.
- 8 medium-sized peppers
- 400 g minced mixture
- 100 g rice
- 1 head onion
- 1 carrot
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. savory
- 2 springs parsley
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- salt at taste
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and wash them.
- In a frying pan with heated fat, fry finely chopped onions and carrots with minced meat. Season with savory, black pepper and chopped parsley and stir until the minced meat crumbles.
- Add the cleaned and washed rice, pour a little water and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid boils and the rice swells.
- Fill the peppers with the prepared mixture.
- Arrange the peppers in a pan, pour enough water to cover them in the middle, and cover them with aluminum foil. Bake at 170 °C for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and let it bake on top.
- When they are ready and the rice is completely cooked, take them out of the oven and prepare the sauce.
For the sauce:
- In a saucepan, mix the yogurt with the flour, eggs and salt and dilute with the sauce in which you cooked the peppers.
- Put on the stove and stir over low heat until the sauce thickens. If it becomes too thick, add a little warm water.
- Serve the peppers poured with the white sauce.
Caution: Contains eggs, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains flour, which may cause allergic reactions.
Caution: Contains yogurt, which may cause allergic reactions.